As we learn more about women’s health and fitness, we realize that losing weight after 40 is not as easy as it used to be. Unfortunately, dieting may no longer get the results it did in the past. After 40 women have to change your lifestyle in order to lose weight.
Why is weight loss after 40 so challenging for women? There are a couple reasons, but namely because your metabolism is slower now. You may also be experiencing a hormone imbalance causing fluid retention, bloating, and weight gain.
What do you need to do:
- Get a good night's sleep. 6-8 hours of sleep a night of sleep is essential for women’s weight loss.
- Over 40 your diet needs to be different. Avoid foods with no nutritional value, eating out, and prepared meals.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners which are often found in low fat foods. Artificial sweeteners are worse than sugar.
- Watch the carbs. After 40 we can no longer effectively process carbohydrates like before.
- You need to find a way to fit exercise into your daily routine. Increasing physical activity in your daily routine can have a large impact on your weight loss goals.
- Drink enough water. Drinking water helps your kidneys, helps you detox, and it improves bowel movements.
As a woman over 40, you should be focused on your health and fitness. If you want to lose weight, contact Best Fitness in your area.